Saturday, March 30, 2013

Deep Dish Cookie Pie (Clean)

I got the original recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (I think the sucanat turns it a darker color than Katie's using brown sugar, just a disclaimer), and tweaked it a little to make it "clean". The only major thing I'd change about this recipe is to get rid of the oats somehow (I have oat allergies, and I think it would be yummier without the oat flavor, but that's just me). If I figure out a way (maybe just wheat flour?), I'll post it for sure! :)

Reviews: My kids all LOVED it, Nate didn't (although he only ate one bite), but he doesn't love chocolate chip cookies either. Let me know what you think if you try it!!

Deep Dish Cookie Pie (Clean)

Here is my altered recipe:

Deep Dish Cookie Pie (Clean)

  • 2 cans white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed (don't tell anyone, I promise they won't know!)
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 tbsp oil of choice
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 ½ C sucanat (I think I would only use 1 cup if I made it again, it was too sweet for me)
  • 1 C Chocolate chips*
Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor (results in a much smoother texture than a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a regular deep dish pie pan). Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. (I ended up cooking mine only 30 minutes, but it was a little gooey, but oh so good still!)
*Here are two sites with recipes to make your own clean chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment