Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Clean Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

I needed to make something easy tonight as I was running out the door, so I decided to throw these little guys together. They're ideal for a lower-fat meatloaf (and taste even better in my opinion!). I got the idea from Jamie Eason's recipe, but made a few changes to fit our tastes better. I think I've found a new favorite!!

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

YIELD: 12 SERVINGS
 
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
 
COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES
 
TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES

Turkey meatloaf muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs. ground turkey
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup oats (I'm allergic to oats so I subbed with 1/2 C wheat bread crumbs)
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 diced onion or 1 tsp onion powder
  • 2 diced celery stalks (optional, I don't like chunks of stuff in my meatloaf so I omitted)
  • 2 T ketchup (all natural, HFCS-free) or tomato sauce

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin pay with some cooking spray (or coat with a little olive oil) .
Mix all the ingredients in one large bowl until well combined.  Roll the mixture into balls and place each one in the muffin pan. (She says each one should be about the size of a racquetball). If desired, add more ketchup or tomato sauce on top of muffins before baking.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment