|My totally unpretty (it's a word), Clean Chocolate Mug Cake. Yum!|
This recipe is from The Gracious Pantry (her picture is much prettier as well!). With only a couple small changes I made, here is the recipe:
Clean Eating Chocolate Mug Cake
(Makes 2 servings)
NOTE: You’ll need a large mug (a small or regular sized mug won’t cut it) or bowl
- 4 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar (I used Sucanat)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon safflower or coconut oil
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in your mug. Be sure they are well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well again.
- Microwave for up to 5 minutes on high. (3.5 was perfect for mine)
Note: The cake will rise up over the mug during cooking. Don’t panic.