Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mmm Mmm Mmm!


I'm loving trying out these new recipes on my family because they all have different tastes and everyone still loves them (even Nate, who doesn't normally like dessert because they're too sugary!). Here is tonights treat if you ate all of your veggies ;)


Clean and Simple Blueberry Cobbler - single serving

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup blueberries (or any fruit of your choice)
  • 1 T sucanat
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 T sucanat
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder (I know that's not real clean, but I didn't have an alternative on hand)
  • 1 T oil (I used olive, I'm sure coconut would be even yummier)
  • 2 T milk of choice (I used skim, almond milk would be great too)
Instructions
  1. Add berries to a mug/bowl (if using a bowl make sure the sides are high enough to allow for the cobbler to rise some). Add sucanat, stir to combine.
  2. In a separate bowl, add the flour, sucanat, baking powder and mix to combine. Add the oil and milk and stir with a fork until combined.
  3. Add the dough to the top of the berries.
  4. Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. (Mine took 2)
  5. If you're still working on that sweet tooth, you can drizzle some honey on top, but we found it was perfectly sweet as is!




               
                      Straight out of the microwave with a little honey
 



No comments:

Post a Comment