Monday, December 10, 2012

This is Me: Early Years

Growing up, early years: 

*Where did you grow up?  Describe it.
Provo, first across the street from what used to be Maeser Elementary. We lovingly call it "the ghetto". We all remember hearing a few shootings going on, or the time a guy escaped from jail and holed up in an apartment building not far from us, and the police came door-to-door telling people to stay in their homes. Lots of amazing people around us though, some of those I am still friends with today.
When I was 10 we moved to Grandview Hill, where I have a lot more memories than at the other house.

*What was your earliest memory?
I only have a few memories when I was young. I remember our dogs Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Cinnamon was a big Chow, I remember she once chased me through the house and into the bathtub.

*What games did you play as a child?
There were a few games our family loved to play. Probe and Bazaar are the most memorable. I remember loving to jump rope too.

*Where did you go to school?
I went to Maeser Elementary until the end of 4th grade, and then we moved and I went to Grandview Elementary.

*Who were your friends?
When I was younger, Julia Patch, Lisa Attkinson, Jenny Evens, and Brittany Tueller were some of my good friend.
Once I moved I made new friends pretty quickly with Jessica Child, Angela Harward, Sarah Hansen, Jenne Andersen, Cammie Davis (the best part of this is we all still get together and have dinner and reminisce about those silly times.

*Who were your favorite teachers and why?
Mr Rowley was definitely my favorite teacher. The year he taught us in 6th grade was his first year teaching. He now teaches at the elementary that my kids go to, and is just as awesome! He has always kept up with that 6th grade class, remembered all of our birthdays, come to everything important, I mean how awesome is that. He came to my wedding! All around awesome guy.

*What were your chores?
With such a big family, as far as I remember, we just rotated who did what, but all the regular house keeping chores. I even mowed the lawn fairly often when we were in the house on Grandview (since then I was often the only kid at home). We had a sweet electric mower that I had to plug in and make sure not to run over haha!

1 comment:

  1. I likey. So much fun to learn more about you. Keep it comin!

    ReplyDelete